SmartFuel supports the complete nuclear fuel (NF) transition cycle, providing flexible tools for NF planning. SmartFuel is a valuable tool for active control of one of the most critical elements in a NPP – the NF, providing different scenarios (plans) for NF optimal loading in the reactor, saving money and time, improving overall NPP quality of operation.
Main system features:
- Provides a database for storing base and dynamic properties of the NF elements
- Provides a graphical representation (maps) of the NF elements location at each NF zone on the territory of the Nuclear Power Plant. The maps can be dynamically calculated to display the zone status towards any moment of time. The system provides more than 100 different maps
- Provides intelligent tools for planning and simulation of the NF transitions (reloading the reactor zone, load of fresh fuel, transport between the NF zones, etc.). The system allows visual (drag-and-drop) user interface technique for planning element moves, because there are more than 1000 active NF elements in a single NF zone
- Provides dynamic maps, based on the planned NF transitions together with the maps, corresponding to the current or former zone status
- Provides full list of reports.
Platforms: Microsoft SQL Server, PowerBuilder
Client: Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant
Partner: Risk Engineering Ltd